Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Job

As i mentioned briefly in yesterday's post, I have a new job! I'm really excited about this opportunity, but it is a scary change at the same time. There are a lot of factors that go into a job change, but for my husband and i the biggest reason was separation. Sounds kinda odd, more separation in a marriage, but we were both working at the same company, in similar jobs, in a really small office. Part of my job was to audit his elevator, files, and inventory..... depending on the day, that could be really fun! And I'm sure he wasn't exactly excited about those times himself.

So, over the last year we've known we would have to make a decision about jobs. Well, I moved to the Council Bluffs, Ia office in September, then moved down to the Carleton, Ne office in March and into our house in Bruning, then a wedding in June.... we've been a little busy! So finally this fall we went about talking about goals and life planning, etc... Then this opportunity came around.

In December this opportunity as a Grain Merchandiser came up 20 miles from home, just perfect. The job is with a company I've already looked at once and a great employer in the area. This is the best thing that could've happened to us. NO traveling, NO crazy hours and extended overtime, better pay, AND something that highlights my talents & skills! I'm way excited.  Don't get me wrong, i really did love my old company & the people, but this was the best personal move I could've made right now.

My husband and I are both really excited. It is a chance for us to branch out, OK mostly me branching out, adding to the people we know in the area. It is a chance for us to live & breathe outside of work, and for us to maybe start building our family (not anytime real soon).

I'm excited, my husband is excited, even my former employer and mentor there is excited for me. It is great to have all this support during a time filled with so much change. Thank you everyone! And yay to me for this great opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats heather! I hope you do enjoy it and I know you will do awesome.

    Matt M

    ReplyDelete