Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holidaze...........

Why is it that everywhere you look, everywhere you turn, everything you hear during this time of year is all about having the perfect Holiday Season? I mean really, perfection? Not even possible!

I just get so irritated with the idea of perfection, how about the idea of fun, happy, & togetherness. OK, so I'm not the prime example of this because i get a little stressed about all of the holiday fuss as well, but i try. Luckily for me, my husband will remind me when I'm getting too deep! This year especially, i have been more relaxed about the holidays (possibly because i have 3 weeks off between jobs) & have been enjoying the little things like: baking cookies, making dinners, canning pumpkin butter and caramel pecan sauce.

Its funny though, i have all this time to realize how great it is when you make time for the little things, so why can't i do this all year round. I just don't know. I wish i spent more time doing these things all year round. Maybe that will be one of my New Year's promises... The other thing I've noticed is that I've grown apart from some very important people in my life: friends & family. This is pretty much all my fault... I've just not put in the time and effort. So i think that will be another New Years promise... reconnect.

The other thing I've realized through my crazy holiday break is this.... i have really high standards. I mean, its OK to have such high standards for myself, but is it fair to others. I shouldn't hold other people to such high standards, because they probably aren't attainable and then I'm just disappointed. Besides, who am i to dictate what is and isn't acceptable for others. Another New Years promise i think!

So in this madness of holiday hubbub, I've got a few things to work on for next year, but a lot to be thankful for this year. A great family, a new job, a wonderful husband, and supportive friends. I can build my home and my family, take care of the people who are important to me, and spend time enjoying life as it is now.... people always tell me to enjoy it now before there are little feet running around my house... probably a good idea.

So, I will close with this. Enjoy the Holidays, take the time to spend with family and friends. Enjoy a few cocktails and play those fun family games. Oh, and pause to soak it all in. Happy Holidays and Merry New Year! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Caramel pecan sauce sounds really awesome! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete